Historic Cannon-Guille-Fisher House Salisbury North Carolina
202 South Fulton Street Salisbury, North Carolina
The Ella Brown Cannon House, designed by James Mackson McMichael, a Charlotte-based architect, and constructed in 1905(-1906) by Alfred Ross Lazenby, Salisbury’s prominent early-twentieth century master builder, is an imposing, classically-detailed, and remarkably intact Southern Colonial Revival style residence. A landmark in the architectural cityscape of Salisbury since its completion, it was identified as the Cannon-Guille House (#39) and listed as a contributing building in the Salisbury Historic District, which was entered in the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Standing at 202 South Fulton Street, in the west
corner of the intersection of South Fulton and West Fisher streets, the house faces southeast onto a street in Salisbury’s West Square.
PDF File from North Carolina Historic Commission